Position submitted by Jeevan Verma, R.O.S.E., Kanda
Volunteer in a small village. We are a small NGO in the beautiful valley of Kanda, Uttrakhand.
We are a self-help grass roots non-profit NGO who run micro projects through our volunteers’ funds.
Knowledge, and skills. We would like to reach out to international students, volunteers, social activists, Eco and budget tourists.
R.O.S.E. not only provides the village with a much needed additional source of income but provides visitors with a chance to interact with the community gaining an insight into their way of life one that you will never experience while staying in hotel or backpackers hostel.
During your time at the guest house you can become involved in local farming activities, festivals and hopefully help with fundraising activities. Alternatively visitors who just want to escape the hustle and bustle of the modern world can relax, read books, walk the main trails of the village while enjoying the beauty that surrounds us. Those guests who are interested in volunteering we allow you to draw on your own knowledge and skills and with our help create a programme that you feel most passionate about. Knowledge & Cultural Tourism, Wellness Tourism, Development Education, Eco-Village Rural Tourism and others.
A Global tourist’s destination —
They say the heart of India lies in her villages during your stay with us. I am sure you will fall in love with her.
Previous volunteers have
1. Taught English in the local school while also learning the Hindi language 2. Studied Eco Rural Sustainable Tourism, Environment protection, and Eco-development
3. Funded Rural Architecture development and Eco Construction
4. Used our amazing back drop for filming projects for their university courses.
5. Helped to market R.O.S.E. as a Non Profit NGO that promotes and strengthens the quality of life
In the local community
6. Created marketing campaigns, international integrity, website design, networking, office help, slideshow
7. Organic Farming, Gardening, Composting
8. Local skills / craft / traditional technology / knowledge / heritage learning 9. Construction of toilets for poor local families, renovating and maintaining a path.
10. Installed renewable energy sources ie Solar street lamps and lights in poor village’s homes.
Each volunteer needs to contribute for 2 weeks – Rs.19900/- for the community
Social help project and for home stay lodging. All food is provided. ALL THE MONEY GOES DIRECTY TO THE COMMUNITY NOT FOR ADMINISTRATION
We run projects all year round, for people who want to experience life in rural India and the foothills of the Himalayas.
Your small change can make a big difference to people living in hill area
We invite you to exploring and promote our organisation.