We are excited to take BiograView to print in 2021! Are you energetic, enthusiastic and love people? Can you write uplifting, upbuilding and captivating content to enhance a cohesive community?
BiograView.com is an online magazine which publishes stories and interviews with people from the community with the aim to raise positive cultural awareness and promote diversity and culture equality in education and the workplace.
Its presence on Facebook has the added element of newsfeed articles with a positive vibe and are migrant/refugee or culture related whereas LinkedIn’s BiograView’s page focuses more on business.
If you have a genuine interest in culture and the community and you think you can fulfil the above in the role of Multimedia Reporter/Writer this may be the opportunity for you.
As a reporter you will provide written stories, reports or reviews for BiograView with the purpose to:
* Raise positive cultural awareness with the aim to build a cohesive, inclusive community
* Promote diversity, inclusion, and culture equality in education and the workplace
The main tasks
* Conduct interviews and produce written stories for BiograView with a positive vibe with a focus on multiculturalism, diversity and inclusion
* Topics will be a variety of articles/reviews on Art/Exhibitions, Travel, Hospitality, Fashion, Health or as required
* Take high quality photographs/video of the events as described above to accompany the story of high resolution for online and in print publication
* Available to assist with camera set up for appointed in-house interviews at BiograView
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language
* Able to work self directed and unsupervised
* Research skills
* Social and communication skills
* Excellent skills in photography & video
* Digital and social media skills
* Knowledge of media ethics and law in New Zealand
* A current driver’s license
* Be willing to learn
* A real interest in people and culture
* Good sense of humour
* Experience preferred
* Preferably with a migrant background
* Must have the right to live and work in New Zealand
* Preferably you have relevant tertiary qualification in media studies such as journalism, public relations or communication e.g. Bachelor of Communication or a New Zealand Diploma in Journalism.
* Knowledge of Te Reo Māori is an advantage.
This position will be full time for a fixed term.
Applications close at midnight on 10 January, 2021.
Please send your CV, accompanying letter and other relevant material to Ingrid at email@example.com.